I know my blogs are full of anti-acne and whitening products review. But this time I’m adding a new review for makeup products. Well, honestly I’m not a makeup addict. The reason of buying this product is to hide or conceal my blemishes. I hope!
I was after the San San’s BB Cream by HBC but I’m not lucky to have it since it is nowhere to be found on any HBC stores. They all say it is out of stock even on their warehouses. So I concluded that they’ll no longer have it available in the market. For the reason? I dunno. It must be one of their best sellers. Actually the price went up based on what the sales rep.told me. Because based on what I’ve read online the price for that BB cream is around 149 or something now it’s 179 or more. I apologize as I forgot the the exact amount. Well, to cut the story short what had been offered to me is the San San Soleil Matte Foundation. Since I’m not into makeup and is not fan of foundation because of a thinking that it might clog my pores and cause me more pimples/acne. I was hesitant at first. So I look into reviews online, most of them are positive. So I bought my first liquid foundation. I was really into compact pressed powder ever since Myra-E, Avon and currently Nichido.
I apologize I didn’t have the swatches taken.
My impression on this product?
- For an amateur like me this might be an advantage, it only has one shade. The reason is because I get confused on makeup products that has 2 or more shades. I don’t know nothing about makeup (the undertone blah blah thing).
- At my few tries and uses of this product I was impressed, it is flawless on my face.
- The coverage? I’ll rate it 3/5. It failed my expectations. It would covered some blemishes but not all. My blemishes on my cheeks is only slightly covered. You have to reapply a few times “somehow” covered it.
- It is light on my face unlike other products where you get a heavy feeling.
- Your face might get oily in the latter part of the day. So might as well have a compact powder ready for touch ups. Or oil blotting film to suck up those oilies!
- Very affordable for me. For 149.75Php. Why not?! I tried looking for other foundations or BB creams but most of them ranges from 200 bucks and up.
- Did it break me out? Not really. But you might notice a few small bumps on your face if you have quite sensitive skin like me.
- The product oxidizes on your face so it will blend on your skin tone. But if you have dark skin tone, the product might not suit you.
- The foundation goes a long way. With just a few drops, it is enough to cover your entire face.
- The tube might be something as a plus on this one but I find it hard to pump the liquid. Why? It tends to clog up the liquid making it hard to come out. So what I’m doing is opening the tube and just taking out the liquid there. A bit of a hassle though.
- If you really want your blemishes to be covered use a good concealer before applying this foundation.
- I’ve decided that I might not be purchasing this anymore. It makes my face oilier since I think because of the high SPF content it has (SPF40).