Lately, I was having this weird bumps on my face. What I do as a remedy is to put tretinoin cream on it. Some would dried out eventually, others will just stay as it is. So I ended up having marks again on my face due to constant pricking (using a blackhead remover) just to get rid of it.
I checked Google to see what would have caused this and what I should do to avoid this to happen again. What I found online is more on making sure to exfoliate my skin. Which would make sense since it’s been quite awhile I’ve used a facial scrub on my face. So I decided to go to the same brand of skin care I’m using which is the Himalaya Herbals. Honestly, I’ve already tried their Daily Gentle Exfoliating Scrub which is a good product they have but I ran out of it already. So I decided to try a different scrub they have which is this one I’ll be reviewing today.
Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Scrub
Gently scrub away blackheads
What it does:
Himalaya’s Purifying Neem Scrub removes impurities and dead skin cells. It also cleanses excess oil from the skin’s surface, which is the root cause of acne. The scrub is blended with the goodness of Neem, which clears blackheads and acne, and Apricot, which hydrates the skin. The natural ingredients cleanse, nourish and moisturize your skin to make it soft, fresh and radiant.
- Neem is an excellent skin care ingredient known for its antibacterial properties. It improves general skin health and immunity, combating bacterial infections such as acne, boils and ulcers. Neem tackles bacteria from the root and prevents the recurrence of pimples and blemishes.
- Apricot granules gently exfoliate dead skin cells, to bring out your skin’s natural glow
Apply Purifying Neem Scrub in a circular motion on the face and neck. Rinse with water and pat dry. Use at least once a week for clear, acne-free skin.
50g and 100g
My Experience and Impressions?
- I’ve used this product twice now. I mean I’m on my 2nd week of using it since it is advised to be used once a week only. I can feel that my face is clean and refreshed after using it.
- I find it odd but during the time that I’m scrubbing this product on my face my face felt warm or something. I’m not sure if that is the effect of the scrub beads that is on this product.
- I can’t tell right now if this product would really prevent my annoying bumps from happening again. Let’s see for the upcoming days and weeks.
- Unlike their Daily Gentle Exfoliating Wash the texture of this product is creamy and white. The scrub beads are visible. The green beads I believe would the neem and the orange one is the apricot.
- I’m not surprised if this would be quite pricey for 99Php. I’ve mentioned from my previous blog or review that their prices have subsequently gone up. I remember getting my Daily Gentle Exfoliating Wash of the same size for 89Php only.
- I was opting for their Daily Gentle Exfoliating Wash but unfortunately 50g size nor this variant is not available on Mercury drugstores. I don’t have the time and means yet to go to bigger malls or Watsons. Their stocks at Mercury Drugstores are limited only or maybe it depends on the branch.
- Contains Paraben. Quite surprising, since most of their products are paraben free, Cruelty free? a big YES.
I’ll be updating this page if any case there are major changes. Til my next review or blog. 🙂