I’ve been really curious about primers and mattifiers. I’ve been seeing these a lot especially from vlogs of some known makeup gurus here in the Philippines. Diiferent brands I must say. Some doesn’t ring a bell to me. Unlike this product that is really popular amongst makeup professionals and the not. It is not actually my first time using a Quick FX brand. I have already reviewed two of their products which is the Tinted Moisturizer and Pimple Eraser. I’m not really a user of primer or mattifier since I normally use a regular moisturizer (Myra E) before putting any makeup and it works for me.But first let us differentiate Primer and Matiifier.
What they do: Primers are sort of like insurance for your makeup. Although they often wear many hats — smoothing, concealing, protecting and prepping — their main roles are to keep your makeup on longer and give your skin a smooth, flawless finish. Any fading, bleeding or blotchy behavior that can occur throughout the day can be prevented with the use of a little bit of primer under your foundation. As an added bonus, many primers now are infused with SPF, so they keep your skin protected while lending radiance.
Who should use them: Everyone! No, really. With so many primer options out there — oil-free, SPF-infused, illuminating — there’s literally a formula for every skin type and need. So, now you have no excuse not to wear it! Trust us, your skin will thank you!
What they do: A mattifier’s main purpose is to reduce shine by controlling oil production. They help absorb oil and are perfect for those looking to keep their skin looking shine-free, minimize the appearance of pores and “blur” out any blemishes or imperfections throughout the day. It’s the perfect base for moisturizer and foundation and can even be worn in conjunction with primer!
Who should use them: Mattifiers are perfect for you ladies with oily or acne-prone skin that have a hard time fighting the shine. Combo-skinned girls with shiny cheeks and T-zones could also benefit from applying mattifier to your extra-oily zones prior to starting your makeup application. Mattifiers will help you absorb that oil so you can give your blotting papers a break!
QUICKFX NO SHINE MATTIFIER
Claims to : Absorbs oil to control shine for a smooth, matte finish, conceals fine lines and pores for visibly radiant skin instantly.
A light moisturizer that helps hide imperfections such as fine lines and pores while providing an exceptional smooth matte finish. Also helps prevent and treat pimples without drying out the skin.
Contains: Salicylic Acid, Chamomile, Tea Tree Extract and MatteWax.
How to Use: Pat on lightly over makeup, apply delicately on problem areas over makeup and blend. The lightweight formula refines complexion
- Non sticky and non greasy.
- Texture is very lightweight. It kinda reminds me of a petroleum jelly when it comes to color and consistency minus the greasiness. When applied, it feels like you didn’t put anything on your face.
- It didn’t make my face oily after about 6 hours of having make up on my face.
- Might still experience some oiliness but very minimal based on experience after 8 to 12 hours.
- Keeps my makeup looking flawless and fresh for hours. Which is a big factor for me.
- Very affordable for 89Php. Most primers might cost you hundred to a thousand pesos depending on the brand.
- Packaging is good. We all know Quick FX products are only available via sachet but what makes it different is the spill proof cap at the end.
- Hypoallergenic. It didn’t break me out nor cause any allergies on my face.
- Only available at Watsons. Most of the time this product is out of stock at Watsons. So lucky you if you’re able to repurchase this. I got mine at Watsons Mega Mall. Hopefully, they can make this available at drugstores too.
- Overall, I like this product. Very affordable yet of good quality, Plus,it goes a long way since the consistency of this product is thick and can be easily applied on the face.
I would recommend this product to those who is amateur or starters like me when it comes to makeup. 🙂