As we all know, BB creams had been widely available in the market. Almost all cosmetic brands (local or international) have their own line of BB Creams. Let’s take a closer look on BB Creams. What is the difference between Foundation & BB Cream? What BB Cream/s do you use? My take on Avon’s BB Cream.
BB cream stands for blemish balm, blemish base, beblesh balm, and in Western markets,beauty balm. It is a cosmetic item sold mainly in Asian markets, although the majority of larger beauty brands have introduced BB creams to Western markets. BB cream is promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation and sunblock. It can be worn alone as a tinted moisturizer, over serum and moisturizer as a regular foundation, and under powder, depending on the desired amount of coverage. Source: Wikipedia
Difference Between BB Cream & Foundation
1. DIFFERENCE COVERAGE LEVELS
One of the top major differences between BB cream and foundation is the coverage. With foundation, it is typically thicker, so you have a lot more coverage. With BB cream, there isn’t a lot of coverage, so it’s great if you are heading out to the beach or you are just looking for something easy to put on!
2. SKINCARE BENEFITS
While there are some foundations that have skincare#benefits, BB cream automatically has them built in! This particular cream is meant to really clear up your skin and to keep it looking flawless, all while staying put on your #skin all day! Try it and let me know how well it works for you!
3. HOW TO APPLY
There are tons of ways to apply foundation and BB cream, but the difference is the you apply BB cream with your fingers specifically. That’s how it is meant to be, where with foundation, you can apply with a foundation brush, a sponge or your fingers – but it is a little messier.
4. HIGHER SPF
The great thing about BB cream is the fact that it has a ton more SPF protection for your #skin! That means, if you are heading out to the beach, just a quick slather of BB cream on your face to cover up all of those #imperfections and you’ll be more protected from the sun than if you went out with foundation.
5. BETTER MOISTURIZATION
The greatest thing that I’ve found about BB cream is the fact that it is not cakey at all! So you never have to worry about your skin drying out, because BB cream has a ton of moisturizer built right inside! Foundation can be moisturizing, but it can also leave your #skin really dry if you don’t use moisturizer beforehand.
Let me present the BB Cream I’m currently using. I was browsing for Avon’s E-brochure when this caught my eye. It was at a sale for 249 Php. At that time, I wanted to stop using San San’s Soleil Matte Foundation because I noticed few nasty whiteheads on my nose after using it. So I ordered from my colleague who is an Avon dealer. Like others, I first check for online reviews about this product my main concern is if it is hypoallergenic since I don’t want to suffer from acne or allergy again.
Avon Skin Goodness Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 20 / PA ++
This nourishing BB Cream has moisture essence which nurtures the skin for a healthy glow. Enriched with Vitamins A, C & E, it is suitable for sensitive skin.
Ingredients: Clyclopentasiloxane, Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Polysilicone-11, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Petrolatum, SD Alcohol 40-B, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Aluminum Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Stearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Punica Granatum Fruit Juice, Laureth-12, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Dipropylene Glycol, Fragrance, Olea Europaea (olive) Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phloretin, Tocopherol. May Contain: Methicone, CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492/CI77499, CI 77019, CI 77163.
- Packaging: It is in a tube. The end of the tube is elongated and its tip is really small, so if you have any excess product squeezed out it might be hard to put it back.
- Coverage: I don’ t see much coverage in this BB Cream. This doesn’t count as a blemish balm but just a beauty balm cream. I can use concealer for tiny spots or blemishes If I have. Light to Medium.
- Shades: Nude and Light.
- Texture: Smooth but runny. When I apply it on my face it is very smooth. I just put a little moisturizer ( Myra-E) on my face before putting this in. It is very light on my face. The downside is it the liquid or product is a bit runny.
- Scent: No scent.
- Oil Absorption: Compared to my San San Foundation, this BB cream doesn’t oil up easily on my face.
- Lasting power: On my one week experience on this product I can say it lasts for about 4-5 hours on a sweaty or humid weather. Maybe more if the weather is nice and cold. I just do a bit of touch ups using my Nichido Pressed Powder if needed.
- Others: It has SPF content (SPF 20). It is flawless on my face (like it!!), A bit pricey for an 18g. product, it is normally priced at 300+ Php. Hypoallergenic? Maybe. I just noticed a not so bothersome small bumps on my first usage but nothing serious.
- Overall rating: 4/5. If the coverage was great it might be a perfect 5 for me.
Honestly, this is not the first BB cream I tried. I have a colleague/friend of mine who gave me her used Pond’s BB Cream since she is not using it anymore. I don’t like it since it is pinkish on my face and at that time I had few terrible marks or blemishes on my face which only did make it too obvious. Do you have any other BB Creams you may want to share with me? I’m open for suggestions. I’m considering on looking for budget friendly ones, like Maybelline & Nichido. Thanks!! 🙂